Banking & Finance
"The group is at the forefront of expansion of Uganda's banking sector, advising international and regional banks on the setting up of new branches and financial services products."
– Chambers and Partners: Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers for Business
"The firm boasts expertise in banking and corporate mandates and draws on the skills of some of the most highly trained lawyers in Uganda."
– IFLR1000 – Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
We understand your banking and financing needs and work to help you meet them.
We have one of the largest banking practices in Uganda representing several leading international, regional and local banks. We have acted as counsel for numerous foreign and local investors, foreign donor agencies and government bodies seeking to underwrite major loans and transactions within the region and have performed due diligence exercises and monitoring of the projects that have been underwritten. We have also developed a niche specializing in all matters relating to e-commerce and e-banking.
Our practice includes:
- Fintech which is a developing industry utilizing technology to improve activities in the finance realm, for instance mobile banking and cryptocurrency.
- Agency banking
- Islamic finance
- general banking
- structured finance
- debentures and charges
- organisational structuring
- regulatory compliance
- commercial and customer agreements
- disputes with regulatory bodies
- regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings
- litigation and arbitration
- commercial and investment banking
- securities and derivatives
- syndicated and general lending
- asset and project finance
- custody and insurance business
Our Team provides comprehensive coverage and support in relation to the laws and regulations of all the key financial centers in the region. We offer seamless advice and in-depth understanding of issues faced by financial institutions and infrastructure providers.
KATS is part of a larger LEXAfrica practice group of Banking & Finance, which guarantees that we can handle your Banking Transactions all across the continent of Africa.