Property / Real Estate
KATS executes a tremendous amount of conveyancing work which is one of its largest areas of practice.
We specialize in all kinds of land transactions including but not limited to; mortgages, charges, purchases, sales, leases, expropriated properties, transfers and all manner of litigation attendant thereto.
We also advise foreign and local institutional investors, property developers, and surveyors and do a lot of due diligence work regarding development projects in Uganda.
We also act routinely for construction corporations, and we have acted as property and estate managers for landlords based locally and abroad.
- We are the sole external counsel for the Buganda Land Board, the largest land owner in Uganda after the Central Government. We have handled all their land and compensation matters for the last 25 years.
- Advised on the acquisition of land required to construct over 500 BTS site masts for a telecom client in less than six months dealing with over seven hundred fifty (750) different landlords.
- Advised the world’s largest tower operartor on the acquisition of land for over 1000 BTS a process involving dealing with over nine hundred (900) different land lords.
- Handled all land compensation disputes during the consruction of telecom masts by Huawei Technology Limited for and on behalf of major telecom companies in Uganda.
- Advised Spring Hills Ltd on its multi-million dollar real estate development projects and created the template followed on most major housing developments in the country.