Yusuf B. Kanyike
- Makerere University – Master of Laws (LLM) with Distinction – 2012
- Makerere University – Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2006
- Law Development Center – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – 2007
- Ranked top 5% of his class
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
Yusuf is a Principal Associate serving in dual capacities in the Corporate & Commercial, as well as the Litigation practice of KATS.
Yusuf focuses on advising and representing clients before government authorities, such as the Citizenship and Immigration department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. In this area, his work covers all aspects of entry clearance applications for enterprenuers, investors, and business representatives. He also advises Ugandan based employers seeking to recruit expatriate staff.
In terms of litigation, Yusuf has participated in a number of complex, high-value cases and has a wide range of experience in Commercial Litigation and Arbitration. He has successfully handled numerous commercial and conveyance disputes on behalf of several of the largest telecom and technology companies in Uganda. This includes advising clients on potential disputes and developing strategies to avoid or successfully settle disputes at an early stage.
Yusuf advises domestic and foreign clients on various aspects of the commercial and labour laws of Uganda alongside company secretarial services, advisory services and policy reviews.
Clients that Yusuf serves include: multinational corporations and medium sized private companies in the healthcare, information technology, manufacturing, construction and engineering, and telecommunication industries.
- Advised and was involved in the establishment of Warid Telecom (U) Ltd which was one of the largest telecommunications companies in Uganda that was subsequently acquired by Airtel Uganda.
- Advised National Water and Sewerage Corporation in a multi mullion dollar project executed with a consortium comprising of OTV France, Cementers Uganda and Roko Uganda for the construction and operation of Nakivubo Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Advised on one of the largest investments in the health sector in Uganda when Fortis acquired a majority stake in International Medical Group Ltd which includes: International Hospital Kampala, International Air Ambulance, International Medical Centres, IMG Pharmaceutical and International Medical foundation.
- Advises several airlines which include Qatar airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Turkish Airlines on numerous legal and regulatory requirements.
- Advised and represented both domestic and international clients on a wide range of actual and potential legal conflicts. These include National Housing and Construction Corporation, Spencon Services Limited, Huawei Technologies (U) Ltd, Warid Telecom (U) Ltd, Airtel (U) Ltd, ATC (U) Ltd, International Hospital Kampala Ltd.
- Conducted numerous commercial due diligences for a number of national and international financial institutions, healthcare organization, insurance companies, horticulture companies, non-government organizations and telecommunication companies
For more information on matters handled by this lawyer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.