- Islamic University in Uganda, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2014
- Law Development Centre, Diploma in Legal Practice – 2015
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
Solomon is an Associate at KATS. He received his Bachelor of Laws, (LL.B) with honours from Islamic University in Uganda (Kampala Campus) in 2014 and received his Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre in 2016.
His practice covers primarily litigation: Civil and Commercial Litigation, Criminal Law, Family Law. His other areas of expertise are: Mediation, Environment Law, Land Transactions, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Employment Law.
- Part of the team that successfully litigated the case of Nakiryowa Majorie Kiddu & anor vs Maurice Sserugo Kiddu. The firm represented the Defendant and the suit was dismissed for being barred by limitation of time.
- Lead counsel in the case of Kizza Agnes Bigogo & anor vs Mugisa Joy, where he acts for the Plaintiff. The team secured an injunction preventing the Defendant from selling the suit property until the dispute is resolved by Court.
- Lead counsel in the case of Victoria Equipment Ltd vs Anadani Amyan Amarahibhai and two others, where he represents the Plaintiff.and has prevented eviction of the client.
- Part of the team handling the case of Elaisah Grace Badda vs Denis Ssempebwa and Muyingo Tonny filed at the High Court Civil division for recovery of UGX 3,030,360,000 as a result of unjust enrichment by the Defendants.
- Representing Agilis Ranch 20 and 21 in a compensation case of subject matter value UGX 2,169,470,000 filed by Joseph Mangafu and 2315 others.
- Part of the team that represented Uganda Red cross Society in a construction dispute with Afritop Ltd. The case was dismissed on a preliminary objection on grounds of applicability of an arbitration clause.
- Represented a mortgagor against a Financial institution in the High Court of Uganda with the result that the Court postponed a forced eviction and sale of the mortgagor’s property, with the ultimate result, a renegotiation of the unjust terms of the mortgage.
- Represented a mortgagor who had a commercial dispute against a Financial Institution in a matter in the High Court where the court ruled that it is not mandatory for a mortgagor to deposit security before halting a sale.
- Part of the team that participated in the compensation of squatters on land measuring 2600 hectares, located in Kiryandongo district, on behalf of Agilis partners.
- Advised Goodwill (Uganda) Ceramic Co. Ltd while the company was acquiring a rock in Mubende District.
- Part of the team advising Uganda Red cross Society on its industrial dispute at the Labour office and Industrial Court.
- Routinely advises major multinationals and leading Ugandan companies on Employment Law in Uganda.
- Routinely advises various clients on the procedure and legal requirements for lawful dismissals and terminations, disciplinary procedures, HR legal structuring and HR processes.
- Part of the team acting for the claimant in an employment dispute against a medical research institution leading to one of the largest awards in the Industrial Court.
- Successfully resolved an employment dispute by nine former employees against Bayport Financial Services.
- Provides criminal prosecution support services to various multinational and top leading Ugandan companies to ensure successful prosecution of persons accused of various offences to the detriment of those companies, for instance American Towers Corporation.
For detailed information regarding matters handled by this lawyer please contact us at email@example.com.