- Makerere University – Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2009
- Editor-in-chief of the Makerere Law Journal.
- Country Representative; part of team representing Makerere University and Uganda at the 17th All African Human Rights Moot Court Competition held at the University of Pretoria, South Africa in 2008.
- Law Development Center – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – 2010
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- United Kingdom
- Uganda Law Society
‘A social-legal evaluation on the views in support of the Death Penalty.’ A thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the award of a Bachelor of Laws degree.
[su_divider top=”no” style=”double” size=”2″ margin=”10″]
Baati is an Of counsel of the Firm. She has a solid background in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets and securitisation; advising clients on all types of banking transactions and assisting them in structuring, negotiating, and preparing finance-related legal documentation. She provides Company Secretarial services and assists with the Business Development department of the Firm.
She has experience in a wide range of corporate transactions including Mergers & Acquisitions, Public private partnerships, and International Trade transactions. She is involved in advising and conducting numerous commercial due diligences for a number of national and international financial institutions, telecommunication companies.
She served as a member of Uganda Law Society’s Female Lawyers Committee from 2016 – 2017.
She was presented with a Certificate of Appreciation by the Uganda Law Society’s Female Lawyers Committee in recognition of her participation in the Mentorship Program at the Law Development Center on 29th September, 2017.
Baati participated in a three-week EXPLORE placement programme hosted by Slaughter and May at their London Office in April, 2018.
[su_divider top=”no” style=”double” size=”1″ margin=”20″]
- Advised American Towers Corporation on all aspects of its multi-million dollar acquisition of the tower business of MTN Uganda. This involved carrying out a due diligence on the towers of MTN including the land ownership, advising on environmental matters, employment matters, pension matters, licensing to mention but a few.
- She was part of a multidisciplinary team that advised a private equity firm; 8 Miles, when it acquired a 53.1% interest in Biyinzika Poultry International Limited, a transaction worth USD 17.2 Million.
- Advised Warid Telecom on all aspects of the sale of its tower business to Eaton Towers in a transaction valued at Millions of dollars. This involved preparing the requisite documentation for the sale and ensuring all pending approvals were obtained, and advising on the transaction documents.
- Advised Kenyan based Equity Bank on its acquisition of Uganda Micro Finance Limited and its conversion and obtaining of a license to become Equity Bank Uganda Limited. This involved carrying out a legal due diligence on Uganda Micro Finance Limited, drafting and advising on the share purchase agreement and all other transactional documents.
- Advised Eastern and Southern Africa Development Bank (PTA Bank”) on numerous large loan transactions including a multi-million dollar loan facility to Abacus Pharma (Africa) Ltd.
- Advised the World’s largest tower operator (American Towers Corporation) on its multi-million dollar acquisition of one thousand (1000) base station tower business of MTN Uganda and later the tower business of Sure telecom.
For more information on matters handled by this lawyer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.