Telecom, Media & Technology
"(The firm) maintains its reputation as a go-to firm for a variety of complex transactional work, including banking and telecom matters"
– Chambers and Partners: Global Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
This Firm has been very active in this practice area advising the Government of Uganda on the unbundling of its parastatal – Uganda Posts and Telecommunications- into three separate and independent entities, Uganda Telecom Ltd, Posta Bank, The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC), the Regulator in the telecom sector.
We advise various international telecommunications companies on multi-billion dollar acquisitions, due diligences, business structuring, licence transfers, response to consumer complaints and regulatory compliance and act as external legal counsel to many telecom companies in Uganda where our advice ranges from legal, regulatory and governmental compliance.
We regularly prepare and negotiate various contracts for our carrier clients like access contracts, customer contracts, agency and distribution agreements. Our Firm has also drafted and negotiated numerous tower facility leases for Telecom companies.
The Firm represents several large Telecom and Technology service providers including the local subsidiaries for several brand name international technology firms.
- Legal advisor to American Tower Corporation on all aspects of its multi-million dollar acquisition of the tower business of MTN Uganda.
- Advisor to Warid Telecom on its multi-million dollar sale of its tower business to Eaton Towers.
- Advisor to a local telecom provider on its proposed multi-million sale to a prospective investor
- Advised another telecom provider on its corporate restructuring regarding another investor aiming to purchase a minority stake in the operator for Millions of dollars.
- Advised AFSAT communications on its merger with Africa Online
- Advised VTEL Limited on its proposed acquisition of majority shareholding of one of the leading telecommunications companies in Uganda.
- Advised Telkom SA on its acquisition of Uganda online and AFSAT telecommunications Limited.