Mergers & Acquisitions
We work with you on your transaction from thought to finish.
Our Firm has the strength and depth and has consistently provided quality legal services to its local and international clients involved in M & A transactions, and restructurings in a cross section of sectors including energy, oil & gas, banking & finance, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, agriculture and retail.
We routinely carry out due diligence processes and provide legal and tax assistance with regard to joint infrastructure and energy projects between the Private sector and Government.
We have represented both the Government and private investors and therefore bring a unique experience and can offer cogent advice having handled negotiations from both sides of the divide.
KATS is part of a larger LEXAfrica practice group of Mergers & Acquisitions, which guarantees that we can handle your M&A Transactions all across the continent of Africa.
- Advised a supermajor (“Big oil”) entity and on its multi-billion dollar acquisition of an oil concession from another oil company in Uganda.
- Lead Legal advisor to a supermajor (“Big oil”) entity on the acquisition of all the fuel stations and business of Chevron (trading as Caltex Oil) in Uganda.
- Advised ABSA on its multi-billion dollar acquisition of a 100% stake in Barclays Bank Uganda, as part of the group effort to streamline the African operations of Barclays and ABSA.
- Advised Equity Bank on its 100% acquisition of Uganda’s then largest microfinance institution, Uganda Microfinance Limited
- Legal advisor to American Towers Corporation on all aspects of its multi-million acquisition of the tower business of MTN Uganda.
- Advisor to Warid Telecom on its multi-million dollar sale of its tower business to Eaton Towers.
- Advised Wal-Mart, the world’s largest public company when it acquired Massmart a South African store chain with seventeen (17) representative stores in Africa, on all aspects of the acquisition of the Uganda subsidiary of Massmart, a transaction valued in millions of dollars.
- Advised Mcleod Russel on its multi-million dollar purchase of Tea plantations owned by James Finlays Limited in Uganda.
- Advised Telkom SA on its acquisition of Uganda Online and AFSAT Telecommunications Limited.
- Advised AFSAT communications on its merger with Africa Online
- Advised VTEL Limited on its proposed acquisition of majority shareholding of one of the leading telecommunications companies in Uganda.
- Advised Shell Uganda Ltd on its acquisition of all the fuel stations and interests of Uganda Petroleum Limited (UPET).
- Advised Gapco Uganda Limited on the acquisition of all the assets of Esso Petroleum in Uganda.