- Uganda Christian University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2015
- Law Development Centre, Diploma in Legal Practice – 2016
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
Patrick is an Associate at KATS, He received his LL. B with Honours from Uganda Christian University in 2015, where he was the Secretary General of the Integrity in the Law Journal. He completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice in 2016 and joined the firm soon thereafter.
Patrick has been a critical resource to the firm and has distinguished himself as an avid and capable researcher, as well as a dedicated and proficient lawyer.
Patrick’s practice majorly covers Corporate and Commercial matters, Employment Law, Tax & Compliance, Banking & Finance, Civil Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Telecommunications, Media and Technology
Corporate & Commercial Law
Tax & Compliance Law
AI & Blockchain
- Part of the team that represented Airtel Uganda Limited, a leading multinational telecommunications company in having a frivolous matter: Ivan Samuelsburg Ssebadduka vs. Warid Uganda Limited (Airtel Uganda) dismissed on a preliminary objection.
- Part of the team that represented a mortgagor against a financial institution [mortgagee] in the High Court of Uganda with the result that the Court postponed a forced eviction and sale of property with the ultimate result of a renegotiation the unjust terms of the mortgage.
- Part of the team that represented a client who had a commercial dispute against a financial institution in a matter in the Commercial Division of the High Court of Uganda.
- Part of the team that represented a civil servant in a ground breaking administrative law action against the Government of Uganda.
- Advised the first MVNO Telecommunications operator in Uganda on various regulatory, corporate and litigation related matters.
- Regularly advises various clients on Immigration procedures.
- Advised a Goldman Sachs affiliate, on its investment in a Ugandan telecommunications value added services provider.
- Part of the team that advised a leading Japanese financier, Mitsui Corporation in its investment in a leading regional solar power solutions provider, M-Kopa.
- Advised African Development Bank on a proposed equity-debt swap with a Ugandan agri-business firm.
- Routinely advises the leading indigenous medical and health services conglomerate in Uganda on various issues including but not limited to medical legal matters, regulatory matters
- Regularly advises the largest HMO/Health insurance company in Uganda on regulatory, taxes and other matters.
- Successfully wound up a car dealership in Uganda.
- Routinely advises clients on various corporate actions, such as the process of incorporation of a company in Uganda, registration for taxes and trading licenses.
- Regularly acts as a Company Secretary to various multinational and top Ugandan companies including but not limited to International Medical Group and its subsidiaries, Uganda Breweries Limited.
- Regularly advises a leading Portuguese based, Ugandan Construction Company on all their corporate matters.
- Advised a telecom client on its proposed listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Routinely contributes to the annual World Bank ‘Doing Business’ reports relating to setting up business in Uganda.
- Routinely advises major multinationals and leading Ugandan companies on Employment Law in Uganda, including but not limited to Muehlbauer Uganda Limited.
- Routinely advises various clients on the procedure and legal requirements for lawful dismissals and terminations, disciplinary procedures, HR legal structuring and HR processes.
- Currently advising a major global oil industry contractor on the restructuring of its Ugandan employees.
- Currently advising a major education focussed non-profit foundation on the structuring of its employment and related departments.
- Currently advising Uganda Breweries Limited on the compliance of its employment documentation with the law.
- Currently advising Operations and Maintenance Energy Uganda Limited on an industrial dispute with its leading labour union.
- Advised a leading South African sustainable water and other technical solutions company; Talbot and Talbot in the restructuring of its Ugandan human resources in accordance with the Laws of Uganda.
- Part of the team acting for the Claimant in an employment dispute against a medical research institution leading to one of the largest awards in the Industrial Court.
- Successfully resolved an employment dispute between Muehlbauer Uganda Limited and two of its former employees.
- Successfully resolved an employment dispute by 9 former employees against Bayport Financial Services.
- Routinely advises a leading dairy company on customs and tax matters.
- Provides criminal prosecution support services to various multinational and top leading Ugandan companies to ensure successful prosecution of persons accused of various offences to the detriment of those companies
- Advises the largest regional digital payments provider in relation to the provision of cutting age digital online payments, remittances and forex services.
For detailed information regarding matters handled by this lawyer please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.