Arthur K. Ssempebwa
- London School of Economics – Master of Laws (LL.M) – 2002
- Makerere University – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (Hons) – 1999
- Editor of the Makerere University Law Journal
- Law Development Center – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – 2001
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- International Bar Association
- East African Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
Arthur is a Partner at the Firm in the Commercial and Corporate and Litigation departments.
He has 17 years’ experience in legal practice and is the Firm’s pointman in the Banking and Finance Legal Department. His practice encompasses the areas of Banking & Finance, Commercial lending, Loan Facility documentation/reviews, Banking Litigation, Corporate Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Recoveries and Negotiable Instrument Law.
With the rapidly evolving legal regime in the Banking, Finance and Insolvency sector, Arthur ensures that his clients are adequately prepared for any legal issues that might arise and are routinely updated about any changes in the Industry.
Arthur’s clientele include Commercial Banks, Development banks, Financial and Credit institutions, Real Estate Management Companies and Industry Regulators.
Sample Professional Accolades
Chambers and Partners Global Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers
Up-and-coming Partner Arthur Ssempebwa’s workload covers banking, real estate and insolvency law.
Chambers and Partners Global Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers 2014 Edition
- In the 2013 Edition, it was stated that “Arthur Ssempebwa is a new entry this year, having received recognition for his hard work and the practical nature of his advice.”
Banking & Finance
- Represented Muhlbauer GMBH in a dispute involving Euros 640 Million, the National Security Information Service with the Government of Uganda.
- Represented Trade and Development Bank (TDB) in a commercial dispute involving a loan facility with Concorp International to the tune of USD 1 Million.
- Represented TDB in a commercial dispute involving a loan facility to Eritrea Foam Ltd and Securities to East African Foam Ltd to the tune of USD 7 Million.
- Advisor to TDB in relation to a multi-million dollar syndicated loan facility to Uganda Telecom Limited.
- Advisor to TDB in relation to the multi-million dollar receivership of Alpha Biotec Limited.