John B. Mudde
- Makerere University – Master of Laws (LLM) with Distinction – 2010
- Makerere University – Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2003
- Law Development Center – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – 2004
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Advocate in the Repubic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
John is a Principal Associate working in KATS’ Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Department.
John advises and represents both domestic and international clients on a wide range of actual and potential legal conflicts.
His extensive litigation experience is drawn from a vibrant career in both the public and private sectors. Prior to joining KATS, John worked as a State Attorney with the Directorate of Public Prosecutions. John has not only represented clients before all the courts of record, from the High Court to the Supreme Court of Uganda, he also has experience in arbitration at Uganda’s Centre for Arbitration and Dispute Resolution.
He has firsthand experience in forensic investigation from the earliest stages of the court process until final judgment or settlement; is an expert in gathering and preparing evidence for use in litigation; and is an edepy at drafting documents for use in proceedings. He is conversant with both civil and criminal investigations and litigation.
John acts for clients across a broad range of industry sectors including construction and engineering, employment and industrial relations, energy, private equity, and telecommunications.
His litigation practice also encompasses Land disputes, Intellectual Property disputes, Banking & Finance, Environmental & conservation, Judicial Review, and Debt Recovery,
- Spearheaded a robust and successful defence against opportunistic corporate litigation geared at stalling Uganda’s first ever telecommunications market consolidation (and largest M&A transaction) worth over USD 50 million.
- Forestalled and ultimately settled an attempted hostile takeover of one of East Africa’s largest IT infrastructure solutions provider (with operations across the UAE and EAC regions) while simultaneously defusing a petition for liquidation of the same entity.
- Representing one of the world’s largest International Engineering Contractors in a multi-million dollar breach of contract dispute and successfully securing a favourable judgment against the contract breaking entity.
For more information on matters handled by this lawyer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.