Fred K. Businge
- Makerere University – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (Hons) – 1995
- Law Development Centre – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice -1996
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East African Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
- Co-author of ‘Environmental & Climate Change Law, 2019.‘ International Comparative Legal Guides (ICLG) Uganda chapter.
- Runyakitara (Runyoro, Rukiga, Runyakole, Rutooro)
Fred is an Associate Partner in the Litigation department of the firm, where he is the Deputy Director.
An all out litigator, he has 23 years’ experience in the legal arena, handling some of the most complex and law changing litigation cases on behalf of the Firm where he has won several multi-billion shillings awards for our clients.
He is KATS’ principal aviation litigation expert and his contribution to the development of Aviation law in Uganda is well respected. He has been instrumental in securing many critical law making judgments on behalf of the Firm’s airline clients including Ethiopian Airways, RwandAir and Kenya Airways.
Fred is also an adept Arbitrator and Mediator having obtained certification from the Ugandan Center for Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADER).
Outside the office, Fred is a member of several school management committees charged with the management of the respective schools. He is an active and avid member of the Uganda House Hash Harriers and for four years was an editor of the Hasher’s magazine in Uganda. He is also deeply passionate about Christian music and has performed internationally.