- University of Melbourne – Master of Laws (LLM) with Distinction – 2014
- Makerere University – Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2002
- Law Development Center – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – 2004
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
- Certified Commercial Arbitrator and Mediator in Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
- Uganda Association of Prosecutors
Emmanuel is a Principal Associate working with KATS’ Corporate & Commercial Litigation, Criminal Litigation and Employment & Labour practice areas.
Emmanuel has extensive experience in Corporate & Commercial Law, Employment Law, Criminal & Commercial litigation
He usually advises the Government of Uganda, Domestic as well as international organisations and Corporations on the intricate issues in the realm of the legal and regulatory compliance matters relating to: – Commercial contracts, Labour law matters, compliance and risk assessment, as well as contentious and non-contentious commercial disputes.
Emmanuel is a law lecturer in some of the leading Private Universities in Uganda, to wit, Kampala International University and Cavendish University of Uganda.
- In collaboration with a leading UK multinational law firm, he advised on compliance issues relating to one of the leading Airlines Company operating in Uganda on international and local compliance issues.
- Advised one of the biggest USAID funded projects in Uganda (PACE) on compliance and regulatory issues in the area of Employment Law and white-collar offences and laws. Emmanuel Saved the Fund Million of Dollars in streamlined activities.
- Advised one of the largest fast food companies in the world; KFC, as it set up shop in Uganda, on Regulatory compliance and Human Resource Manual development – a transaction valued in millions of dollars.
- Advised one of Uganda’s leading Television Stations, in respect to regulatory compliance.
- Conducts numerous commercial due diligences for a number of national and international financial institutions, horticulture companies, non-government organisations, telecommunication companies, healthcare organisations and insurance companies.
- Represented one of Uganda’s largest gold mining companies against a hostile takeover by another international mining company on unfavourable terms while diffusing threats of licence revocation and cancellation by the national regulator.
- Represented one of Uganda’s leading petroleum companies in issues of breach of contract, national and international regulatory compliance and conveyances.
- Advises a wide range of clients including international and local oil companies, government institutions, oil and gas service companies on complex transactions and other intricate issues in the petroleum arena.
For more information on matters handled by this lawyer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.