Edwin B. Wabwire
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2015
- Law Development Centre, Diploma in Legal Practice – 2016
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
- Co-author of ‘Environmental & Climate Change Law, 2019.‘ International Comparative Legal Guides (ICLG) Uganda chapter.
Edwin is a Senior Associate in the Firm. He completed his Law degree from Makerere University in 2015 and was awarded a Bachelor of Laws (Hons). He completed the Post-graduate Bar Course at the Law Development Centre, in 2016 and thereafter joined the Firm.
Edwin’s practice majorly covers Litigation, Land Law, Employment Law, Arbitration, Banking & Finance. Edwin provides advisory services to our clients to ensure that they are in compliance with the law.
He is a rising star in the Corporate and Commercial department of the Firm, focusing on conducting due diligences, Mergers & Acquisitions and advising on Corporate Restructuring.
Corporate & Commercial
Banking & Finance
- Successfully settled an employment dispute involving a top airline client over unlawful dismissal of an employee.
- Currently handling a civil matter for a client against the Government of Uganda over unlawful detention of property valued at over UGX 1 Billion.
- Conducted a due diligence on a telecom client on its proposed listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Conducted a due diligence on behalf of African Development Bank on its proposed equity credit swap in a local Ugandan company.
- Advised EFC Uganda (MDI) on its conversion of its different classes of shares into one class of ordinary shares.
- Advised UNiDAYS on its proposed operations in Uganda not limited to Intellectual Property, Data protection, Contract Law, Consumer Protection, Competition Law and provisions of the Electronic Transactions Act.
Regularly advises Goodwill Ceramics Uganda Limited (a Tile manufacturing company in Kapeeka), National Aviation Services (former ENHAS), RwandAir on all employment matters.
- Part of the team that advised a financial institution on its USD 25,000,000 loan facility to a Ugandan company. They drafted the facility agreement and other security documents.
- Part of the team that advised a financial institution on a loan facility to a Ugandan company amounting to UGX 238,000,000. His role entailed drafting of the necessary facility documents and ensuring registration of the securities.
- Watching brief for clients ATC Uganda Limited and Ethiopian Airlines to ensure successful prosecution and conviction of accused persons.
For detailed information regarding matters handled by this lawyer please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.