Edwin B. Wabwire
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2015
- Law Development Centre, Diploma in Legal Practice – 2016
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
- Co-author of ‘Environmental & Climate Change Law, 2019.‘ International Comparative Legal Guides (ICLG) Uganda chapter.
Edwin is an Associate in the Firm. He completed his Law degree from Makerere University in 2015 and was awarded with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons). He completed the bar course at the Law Development Centre in 2016 and thereafter joined the Firm.
Edwin’s practice majorly covers Litigation, Land Law, Employment Law, Arbitration, Intellectual Property and Family Law. Edwin provides advisory services to our clients to ensure that they are in compliance with the law.
He is a rising star in the Corporate and Commercial department of the Firm, focusing on conducting due diligences, Mergers & Acquisitions and advising on Corporate Restructuring.
Corporate & Commercial
- Successfully settled an employment dispute involving a top airline client over unlawful dismissal of an employee.
- Currently handling a civil matter for a client against the Government of Uganda over unlawful detention of property valued at over UGX 1 Billion.
- Advised Oppenheimer Partners on its proposed acquisition of Hariss International Limited, the manufacturers of Riham products in Uganda. This involved the carrying out of a due diligence on the company and advising on issues of Corporate Law, Environmental Law, Regulatory and compliance, Intellectual Property, Banking & Finance and Competition law.
- Conducted a due diligence on a telecom client on its proposed listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Conducted a due diligence on behalf of African Development Bank on its proposed equity credit swap in a local Ugandan company.
- Advised EFC Uganda (MDI) on its conversion of its different classes of shares into one class of ordinary shares.
- Advised UNiDAYS on its proposed operations in Uganda not limited to Intellectual Property, Data protection, Contract Law, Consumer Protection, Competition Law and provisions of the Electronic Transactions Act.
Regularly advises Goodwill Ceramics Uganda Limited (a Tile manufacturing company in Kapeeka), National Aviation Services (former ENHAS), RwandAir on all employment matters.
- Registration of mortgages, debentures for major bank clients.
- Watching brief for clients ATC Uganda Limited and Ethiopian Airlines to ensure successful prosecution and conviction of accused persons.
For detailed information regarding matters handled by this lawyer please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.