Awards & Accolades
- 2017 ‘Top 40 Influential Women under 40’ by the New Vision, Uganda’s Leading Daily
- 2017 ‘Young Female Lawyer of the Year’ (nominee) by the Uganda Law Society
- Newnham College, University of Cambridge, MCL (CANTAB) – 2014
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with Honours – 2011
- Award: Best overall student for the academic year 2007/11
- Law Development Centre, Post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – 2012
- Advocate in the Republic of Uganda
Countries In Which Practiced
- East Africa Law Society
- Uganda Law Society
‘Electronic Banking vs. Ordinary Banking; The opportunities, Legal and Practical challenges.‘ Published by LAP Lambert Academic Publishing – 2011
Bridget is a Senior Associate in KATS’ Transactional & Advisory Department. She obtained a Bachelor of Laws from Makerere University in 2011, graduating as the best overall student of her class. She subsequently pursued a Masters Degree in Corporate Law from Newnham College, University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
Bridget is experienced in a broad range of Corporate Transactions and corporate advisory work, including Mergers & Acquisitions (with particular emphasis on cross-border M&A), corporate finance, and due diligence investigations.
As a corollary, Bridget advises local and international clients on Real Estate acquisition and management.
She also regularly advises private companies on matters of general corporate law and regulatory compliance.
Bridget has considerable hands-on experience in debt restructuring of distressed enterprises and general corporate restructuring.
In 2017, Bridget was awarded a LEX Africa fellowship to work at Covington & Burling LLP in Washington DC in the USA.
That same year, she was ranked among the ‘Top 40 Influential Women under 40‘ by the New Vision, Uganda’s Leading Daily newspaper, and was nominated as a ‘Young Female Lawyer of the Year’ by the Uganda Law Society.
- Represented BRAC International, the number one Non Governmental Organization (NGO), in the world with the transfer of business as a going concern to a BRAC subsidiary, mandated to operate as a Tier Two financial entity.
- Advised and represented East Africa’s largest dairy processing company on the USD 27,000,000 cross-border acquisition of Uganda’s dairy market leader.
- Represented the interests of an multinational banking conglomerate and undertaking all pre-merger steps prior to an acquisition of a majority stake in one of the oldest and major commercial banks in Uganda.
- Provided pre-investment advisory services to a UK based international development agency in respect of acquisition and management of real estate in Uganda.
- Advised and represented one of Africa’s largest trade and development banks on the grant of a USD 49,300,000 capacity expansion facility to a domestic cement processing company.
- Provided transactional legal services support to one of Africa’s leading asset managing consortiums in respect of implementation of its pilot African property development fund valued at over USD 50,000,000.
For more information on matters handled by this lawyer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.